1 YEAR TOURIST VISA FOR USA CITIZEN
BIG NEW: 1 year tourist visa for USA passport is Available now
From now on (26/08/2016), Vietnam tourist visa for all USA citizen to Vietnam will be automatically and mandatory converted into a 1 year tourist multiple entries visa with maximum 90 days duration allowed of each visit. It means you (America passport bearer) will have to do visa run (or in-country visa extension) each 90 days if you plan to stay Vietnam long term.
A few FQAs as below here:
1. WHAT IS THE COST AND RELATED FEE FOR 1 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRIES TOURIST VISA FOR USA CITIZEN?
- Stamping fee for 1 year is still 135$ as 1 year visa for any other category so even if you want a tourist visa for 2 weeks, you still have to pay 135$ for an undesired 1 year multiple tourist visa; And if you are living in Vietnam, then this visa is a good thing (except for a stress on doing visa run each 90 days) . This stamp fee will be paid on arrival when u get visa stamped
- Fee for approval letter: We will confirm soon
2. WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER EACH 90 DAYS OF DURATION ALLOWED IN THIS 1 YEAR TOURIST VISA?
Each visit is only 90 days staying allowed, then you will be required to do visa run to do a re-entry.or in-country visa extension each 90 days of staying.
Visa run options::
- If you are in Ho Chi Minh city/ Saigon: Do visa run visa to Moc Bai is a cheapest option to go, and don’t forget ~30$ Cambodian visa fee.
- If you are in Other cities, you can optional choose as your personal plan (Bangkok, Laos,)
About in-country extension option: in-country visa extension might be available later but at the moment, it is unavailable yet.
3. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I AM AMERICAN AND I JUST WANT TO TRAVEL TO VIETNAM FOR A SHORT STAY AND DON\'T NEED 1 YEAR TOURIST VISA AND I DON\'T WANT TO PAY THAT MUCH MONEY?
- If you want short visit and less costly plan, apply for 1-3 month single/multiple entry Business Visa is a wise choice. Stamping fee is still 25$ for single entry and 50$ multiple entry as normal. In this case, business visa costs much cheaper than a tourist visa
4. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I AM USA PASSPORT BEARER AND I STILL WANT 1 YEAR VISA BUT I DON’T WANT TO DO VISA RUN/VISA EXTENSION EACH 90 DAYS?
Then you should definitely apply for a 1 year Business visa as normal. This 1 Year business visa can allow u stay and leave whenever you want within 1 year.
5. HOW TO APPLY FOR 1 YEAR TOURIST VISA FOR USA CITIZEN?
---> Email: email@example.com